The last few days have been difficult for me and that too because of that nagging pain in my back. And, I’m sure that most of us have gone through the same experience as me as backaches are supposed to be the bane of our so called modern lifestyle. Just think about it. Have you ever seen
your parents (or even grandparents) complain so much and so often about backaches as we do. I’m sure that in our list of essential medicines, moov or iodex are given as much importance as painkillers are.
But, what is the reason behind the backache? Correct me if I’m wrong but for a majority of us, the main culprit is our job. Most of us are spending the maximum time sitting in our office, usually slouched in front of a computer or chatting away on our phones the whole day, we are least bothered about our posture and how it is affecting our spine. Even when we bend down to pick up something, we happily bend straight from the waist without realizing the amount of pressure we are putting on our spine. In fact, if you go to a doctor, the first thing they are bound to tell you is that every time you need to bend down to pick something, please bend from your knees. Unfortunately, all of us tend to forget this all the time (including me!)
Well, this blog is not meant to depress you. Instead, I wanted all of you to realize the importance of the backbone which in fact is our lifeline. So take good care of it with these simple suggestions.
* Make sure to sit as upright as possible. A bad posture leads to a bad back.
* Try and use ergonomic chairs – they help you maintain a good posture.
* Never bend directly from the waist. Bend from your knees.
* Do a hot-press- it really helps.
* Get a nice massage done by a trained person.
* Good spas offer specific massages for back aches – go for massages like Swedish massage, deep tissue massage and even Shiatsu. Ayurvedic massage with herbal oils is also very good.
* Yoga is excellent for back ache.
So, here’s looking forward to a fitter you.