In this file photo, people from different walks of life are seen at the Raisina Hills in New Delhi to celebrate the first Independence Day of India on August 15, 1947. India will celebrate its 60th Independence Day this year..
* Breaking Bad final season in a week! (We do hope they all hug it out in the end!)
* Black-and-white photos (Independence Day is around the corner, we’re going to be flooded with those)
* Reading manuscripts
* Daydreaming about Al Pacino
* Dirty Pictionary
* The Indian rupee
* Blaming “love affairs” for rising crime in Uttar Pradesh. Good going, National Crime Records Bureau.
* Salwa-al-Mutairi, the Kuwaiti female politician thinks sex slaves should be legalised so “virile” men don’t engage in “forbidden sexual relations.” Dafuq?
* If you haven’t read the paper in more than a week
* India has one of the slowest average Internet speeds in the world
From HT Brunch, August 4
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch