Sonam demands break from films
, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, June 10, 2011
First Published: 13:41 IST(10/6/2011)
Last Updated: 13:57 IST(10/6/2011)
Sonam Kapoor wants to take it easy. The actor plans to take a break from movies to fortify her health, after being hospitalised in April due to over-exhaustion.
“By the end of next month, I would have finished both Mausam and Players. Then, I plan to take a break for a couple of months,” she
Immediately after Sonam was discharged from hospital, father Anil Kapoor had publicly declared he was going to “make sure she takes it easy”. He admitted that his daughter faced the health scare because she hadn’t rested after a bout of typhoid last year. And this time, the star who turned 26 yesterday, seems to agree. “I’ve 15 scripts lying by my bedside, but I don’t have the strength to take up new films now,” she says, adding that she tires easily.
“I was still recuperating when I started shooting for films. The shoot began almost immediately after being in the hospital. And I don’t want to fall sick again, so the break is important,” says the I Hate Luv Storys actor, who was recently appointed brand ambassador of India International Jewellery Week.
The stylish actor, who recently spent five days at the Cannes Film Festival in France, still sounds ecstatic about her trip. “It was a lovely and overwhelming experience. The photographers in tuxedos looked so cute,” laughs Sonam, adding, “Since I was showcasing my brand, there was no pressure of promoting films. So, it was only about looking glamorous.”