Jewel up for wedding functions
New Delhi, November 16, 2012
First Published: 17:15 IST(16/11/2012)
Last Updated: 01:53 IST(17/11/2012)
1. Roka: This is the first ceremony, so go for a light diamond set with a hint of rubies. Opting for long earnings will complement the look.
2. Sagai: This is one of the grand occasions, so wear heavy sets. You can opt for a three line polki set or even a
colourful navratan set.
3. Sagan: You can mix and match different colourful glass or lac bangles with diamond and gold bangles for a subtle yet stylish statement for functions like the Sagan.
4. Mehendi: Passas are always a must for occasions like mehendi during the wedding season. Passas can be made in polki and diamonds, which gives a very traditional and feminine look to the bride.
5. Cocktail: For slightly relaxed functions like cocktails, one can opt for western wear like long gowns and dresses with heavy choker sets having rubies or a large emerald as the centrepiece.
6. Shaadi: The most important function is the main event — the shaadi. A big three line polki, kundan sets with diamonds along the sides are best for a traditional look. Nature-inspired or modern designs are apt for a contemporary design.
7. Mooh Dikhai: A diamond set, small solitaire earrings and ring are appropriate for this function.
8. Reception: Most people like wearing gowns or saris for an occasion like the reception. One can wear heavy long jhumkis as earrings and a nice statement ring at the function.
(with inputs by Dolly oberoi, jewellery designer)