Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters has notched up 19 million dollars in its opening weekend, it has been revealed.
According to studio estimates, Paramount’s R-rated action film update on the classic fairytale starring Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton topped the box office, the New York
Other films opening over the weekend didn’t do as well. The crime thriller Parker, starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez, debuted in 5th place with 7 million dollars, while Relativity Media’s raunchy ensemble comedy Movie 43 opened in the 7th spot with 5 million dollars.
The top 10 box office earnings this weekend:
1. Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - 19 million dollars.
2. Mama, - 12.8 million dollars
3. Silver Linings Playbook - 10 million dollars
4. Zero Dark Thirty - 9.8 million dollars
5. Parker - 7 million dollars
6. Django Unchained - 5 million dollars
7. Movie 43 - 5 million dollars
8. Gangster Squad - 4.2 million dollars
9. Broken City - 4 million dollars
10. Les Miserables - 3.9 million dollars