Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sat,12 Jul 2014

Sam Mendes turns down offer to direct next Bond flick

ANI  London, March 07, 2013
First Published: 13:17 IST(7/3/2013) | Last Updated: 13:22 IST(7/3/2013)

Sam Mendes has confirmed that he will not be helming the next James Bond film.

The Skyfall director had been given an opportunity by Bond producers Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, but turned it down, the Telegraph reported.

Mendes told Empire magazine that the decision was very difficult, but cited theatre and other professional commitments needed his complete focus over the next year and beyond.

The 47-year-old said that directing Skyfall was one of the best experiences he had in his professional life.
 
Earlier, Mendes asserted that he would direct only one Bond film. However, after the movie won outstanding British film at this year's BAFTAS, he said that he would like to make a better movie next time around, causing speculation he could be helming next flick of the franchise.

He said that he very much hopes that he has a chance to work with the franchise again sometime in the future.

Wilson and Broccoli said in a statement that they would have loved to have made the next film with him but completely respect his decision to focus on other projects and hope to have the opportunity to collaborate with him again.

Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved