An armed attacker poses a much greater threat than an unarmed one. In such a scenario, don’t lose your cool and try your best to ensure that you do not come in contact with the knife. We show you five practical steps to combat a knife-wielding harasser. Practice the session at home with a friend and toy knife.
1. If an attacker uses a knife to harm you, get closer and block his arm before he can strike
2. Move the other hand towards the back of his neck as you continue blocking his armed hand as shown in step 1
3. Lift your knee and kick the attacker’s crotch as hard as you can. This will make him wince and bend
4. When the attacker is down, hit him on the back of his neck to ensure he is not in a state to hit back right away
5. Push the attacker away and run to safety immediately. Call for attention of onlookers and any guards around