Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sat,25 Oct 2014

I feel bad for Sanjay: Ranbir Kapoor

Navdeep Kaur Marwah , Hindustan Times  New Delhi, March 29, 2013
First Published: 17:40 IST(29/3/2013) | Last Updated: 00:44 IST(30/3/2013)

Actor Ranbir Kapoor, who was in the Capital on Thursday afternoon, showed his support for actor Sanjay Dutt. “I feel bad for what has happened and that he has had to pay a price. For what I know of him and the relationship I share with him, Sanjay is a wonderful human being and really a good-hearted man,” Ranbir said. Dutt has been sentenced to five years in jail by the Supreme Court, last week, under the Arms Act for the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai.

Besides batting for Dutt, the 30-year-old also spent time playing football with underprivileged kids of a city NGO. Kapoor is scheduled to play a charity football match with his film frat colleagues at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium today. Besides filmstars, the game will also see cricketers playing football to generate funds for underprivileged kids. “Football is my favourite game and I’ve been playing the game since school and I carry a football wherever I travel. We have been playing every Sunday to prepare for this game. It is a great initiative that will not only promote the sport  but also help to generate funds for a cause,” he said.

Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved