Advertisement

HindustanTimes Tue,30 Sep 2014

Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan

IANS  Jaipur, July 16, 2012
First Published: 07:29 IST(16/7/2012) | Last Updated: 07:30 IST(16/7/2012)

A 15-year-old boy was electrocuted on Sunday and three others sustained burns when they came in touch with a high-voltage wire passing over their private hostel in Rajasthan's Sawai Madhopur district, police said.

Advertisement

The incident took place at Komal Hostel situated in Gangapur town of the district, some 180 km from Jaipur.

"Rajkumar Meena, a Class 10 student from Madhya Pradesh, died on the spot, while three others sustained burns," said a police official.

"A total of 35 school students lived in the hostel. Some students were trying to get water to the hostel's ground floor from a water tank on the roof using an iron pipe. Their pipe touched the overhead wire resulting in the incident," said the official.


Advertisement
more from Jaipur

India's Pak envoy backs demand for opening Munabao-Khokhrapar trade route

Indian High Commissioner to Pakistan Dr TCA Raghavan has supported the demand for revival of Munabao-Khokhrapar trade route. He has suggested that both countries need to talk about opening up more such trade routes in order to facilitate the business communities, media reports from Pakistan said.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved