Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,28 Nov 2014

679 people from UP still missing in Uttarakhand

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Lucknow, June 26, 2013
First Published: 08:41 IST(26/6/2013) | Last Updated: 08:44 IST(26/6/2013)

Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday asked the district administration to collect detailed information about the people who had gone to Uttarakhand. The move is aimed at compiling data about those missing after the disaster in the hill state.

Advertisement

A cell constituted by the home department will coordinate with the district administration and would also be in touch with the Uttarakhand vis-a-vis the whereabouts of the people from UP.

IG (crime) Ashish Gupta said on Tuesday that 679 people from UP were still missing and 150 had been rescued from disasteraffected areas. He said relief operations were on in full swing.

The home department asked the district magistrates to collect information with proper verification about the missing people. Principal secretary (home) RM Srivastav said all the districts would provide verified information to the headquarters for the next 15 days. He said the data of missing persons would be available on the website of the district administration.


Advertisement
more from Lucknow

Kanpur: Six persons injured in communal clash

Six persons were injured in a clash involving members of two communities in Kanpur's busy Babupurwa area late on Saturday night. No arrests were made, though an FIR was registered against 14 people.

Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved