Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,21 Dec 2014

ISC exams put off but school as usual on Feb 20, 21 bandh

Bhavya Dore and Nidhi Varma, Hindustan Times  Mumbai, February 19, 2013
First Published: 01:28 IST(19/2/2013) | Last Updated: 01:29 IST(19/2/2013)

The council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE) has postponed of three Class 12 (ISC) exam papers to be held on February 20 and 21 on account of the all-India bandh called for the two dates.

Advertisement

The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has said it will be sticking to its schedule of beginning the computer-based, all-India Common Management Admission Test on February 21. However, officials said they also had a contingency plan in place, for the test, which will go on until February 25.

“We are sticking to the same dates but if there is any contingency we will accommodate students at other centres,” said SS Mantha, AICTE chairperson.

The state board’s Mumbai division chairperson Laxmikant Pandey reiterated that there would be no change in the Class 12 board exams slated to begin on February 21. “There is no change and there will not be any change in the schedule,” he said.

Meanwhile, city schools said they would function normally on both days of the bandh, saying they had received no notification asking them to stay shut. “There wouldn’t be any problem to keep the school open as the majority of our students use the school bus service,” said a Kandivli school principal anonymously.

Principals said they would take a call depending on how the situation panned out. “In case of an emergency we have an efficient communication system to inform the parents and the school bus service will help students travel safely,” said Deepshikha Srivastava , principal, Rajhans Vidyalaya, Andheri.

Principals alleged political interference. “The bandh is more of a political stance than anything else to affect the usual functioning of schools,” said the principal of a Powai school.


Advertisement
more from Mumbai

Flab-trap: Cosmetic surgery post weight loss on the rise

IT professional, Anita*, 51, was ecstatic when she lost 15 kg in just five months. But, the sudden weight loss had ended up making her look much older. Last month, she borrowed money from friends to get a facelift at a clinic in Bandra. “I was tired of looking fat. My marriage and work life were being affected and that’s when I decided to lose weight. I nearly starved and lost all the extra kilos but I ended up looking much older,” said Anita, who spent Rs75,000 on the cosmetic procedure.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved