Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,28 Nov 2014

Mumbai: city boy suffers 90% burns as kite string gets stuck in wire

Nikhil M Ghanekar, Hindustan Times  Mumbai, January 23, 2013
First Published: 01:02 IST(23/1/2013) | Last Updated: 01:04 IST(23/1/2013)

A 13-year old boy, Mukesh Patel, from Bhandup suffered a massive electric shock on Tuesday after the glass and metal coated string of the kite he was flying came in contact with a high-tension power transmission line.

Advertisement

The electric current that struck Patel was so strong that it formed a four feet-wide crater where he was standing.

Patel has suffered 90% burns and has been admitted to the ICU of National Burns Centre (NBC) in Airoli. He is in a critical condition.

Locals who heard the explosion initially thought that it was a bomb blast.


Advertisement
more from Mumbai

Camera traps at SGNP to learn more about leopards, their prey

The Wildlife Institute of India (WII) will begin a study on leopard distribution at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park (SGNP) next week, beginning with an exercise to count the cat’s prey-base density. The project will start with a reconnaissance across the park to fix camera traps at suitable locations to record images.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved