Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,26 Dec 2014

7 accused in Ponty murder surrender

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, March 07, 2013
First Published: 20:12 IST(7/3/2013) | Last Updated: 00:51 IST(8/3/2013)

Seven persons, believed to be involved in the murder of Ponty Chadha and his brother Hardeep, surrendered at a city court on Thursday.

Advertisement

The court remanded the accused persons to seven days in police custody following their surrender.

Satnam Singh, also known as Satte, Balkar Singh, Baaj Singh, Pargat Singh, Kulbir Singh, Bakshish Singh and Hardayal Singh are said to be associates of SS Namdhari, the sacked Uttarakhand minorities panel chief, and 13 others charge-sheeted for the murders on November 17, 2012.

The court had earlier issued non-bailable warrants against the seven and two others who are still on the run. The court had on December 28, 2012, ordered initiation of proceedings under Section 82 of the Criminal Procedure Code, declaring them absconders. They are wanted for their alleged roles in the killing of Hardeep.

Police told the court that the accused would be taken to places in Uttar Pradesh for the recovery of arms used in committing the crime. 

The police also said they would be questioned about the evidences collected during the course of the investigation.

Ponty and Hardeep, who were locked in a property dispute, were killed in a shootout at a Chhattarpur farmhouse.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Monkey scam brewing in Delhi: Maneka Gandhi

Over 1,000 monkeys may have died in Delhi's Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary after pending bills stopped their food supplies earlier this month, women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi said on Thursday, terming the procurement of fruits and vegetables a Rs 200 crore scam.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved