Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,18 Apr 2014

Antony dismisses reports of China grabbing Indian territory

IANS  New Delhi, January 13, 2010
First Published: 11:20 IST(13/1/2010) | Last Updated: 11:24 IST(13/1/2010)

Stating that there had been no change in the India-China border, Defence Minister AK Antony on Wednesday dismissed reports of China grabbing Indian territory and said there was just a difference in "perception".

Advertisement

"There is no change in the Line of Actual Control," Antony said while referring to the LAC that serves as a border between the two countries. 

"There is only a difference in perception," he told reporters, referring to a meeting he held with the army corps commander in Ladakh Tuesday.

The minister's clarification follows media reports that China was grabbing land along the Indian border. 

Anotony, who visited Jammu and Kashmir Tuesday, had also met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and administrative officials of the Ladakh Hill and Development Council. 

"I told them (the army and administrative officials) to study the situation in detail," he said.

Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Delhi: HIV patient gets 7 years' jail for robbery

A Delhi court has sentenced an HIV-positive man and his wife to seven years in jail for robbery and house trespassing. The court said there were no grounds for leniency on account of health since such crimes were on the rise and needed to be curbed.

Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved