Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,26 Dec 2014

Army briefs govt on military options on Chinese intrusion

PTI  New Delhi, April 24, 2013
First Published: 21:53 IST(24/4/2013) | Last Updated: 01:13 IST(25/4/2013)

With China sticking to its stand that its troops have not violated the Line of Actual Control, Army has told the Government about various military options that can be exercised to deal with the situation arising out of the intrusion in Ladakh.

 
The Army has given its inputs on the incursion by Chinese troops to the National Security Advisor-headed China Study Group which includes the Secretaries of the Ministries of Defence, Home and External Affairs, government sources said here.

Advertisement

The inputs given by the force are also about various options including using military aggressively in the situation, they said.

All the options suggested to the China Study Group are being looked at carefully and other stakeholders in the situation have also given their inputs, they said.

The China Study Group is handling the whole issue in consultation with the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) and the Defence Ministry.

The Army had rushed its troops from the 5 Ladakh Scouts battalion to the DBO area and they are camping there. The force is also considering the option of dispatching additional troops if the need arises.

On April 15, a platoon-strength contingent of China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) had come 10 km inside the Indian territory in Burthe in the DBO sector on the night of April 15 and established a tented post there.

In Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing on Wednesday that "the Chinese border troops have been acting in strict compliance with the bilateral agreements and conducting normal patrol on the Chinese side of the LAC.

"They have never crossed the line by a step," she said.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Monkey scam brewing in Delhi: Maneka Gandhi

Over 1,000 monkeys may have died in Delhi's Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary after pending bills stopped their food supplies earlier this month, women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi said on Thursday, terming the procurement of fruits and vegetables a Rs 200 crore scam.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved