The CBI on Monday received a fresh set of files and documents from the coal ministry and began examining them to check what was still required by the investigators to complete the probe in the coal block allocation scam.
“Investigators have received a fresh set of documents that came late in the evening and the scrutiny has started. After analysing the documents, they would be
able to ascertain the number of files which have still not been provided,” said a CBI official requesting anonymity.
Sources said around 150 files and documents were to be received by the CBI from the coal ministry.
Earlier in the day, a coal ministry official said a report, along with the documents and files, was despatched to CBI. Coal minister Sriprakash Jaiswal did not make any comment on whether the files have been dispatched but said "the instructions of the Supreme Court are being followed."
The Supreme Court had directed the CBI to give a list of documents, files and information sought by it within five days to the coal ministry which, in turn, was to furnish them within two weeks. The deadline was end on September 17.