Advertisement

HindustanTimes Fri,26 Dec 2014

DIMTS stint with BRT comes to end

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, March 09, 2011
First Published: 23:35 IST(9/3/2011) | Last Updated: 23:36 IST(9/3/2011)

Clearing doubts on the status of DIMTS, the Delhi government on Wednesday clarified that the company will only do project management and consultation for the transport department. It will not be given preference to do infrastructure development.

Advertisement

That effectively means that the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS) — a joint venture between Delhi government and Infrastructure development and Finance Corporation — will not construct any of the upcoming Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) corridors.

“DIMTS has been created to provide consultation and project management to transport department. Execution of projects is not their job. If the company wants to execute a project it will have to participate in global tender process. It will not be given preference over other infrastructure companies,” said a senior Delhi government official, requesting anonymity. The Delhi government recently gave go ahead to 15 new BRT corridors in the capital, eight of which were to be taken up by DIMTS. Senior officials clarified that DIMTS will advice the government and can even prepare detailed project report for the BRT corridors.

Among the infrastructure development projects, DIMTS not only operates the 5.8-km BRT corridor between Ambedkar Nagar and Moolchand in south Delhi, but had also created 8.7-km corridor stretch from Moolchand to Delhi Gate, which never took off. The company also constructed 400 bus queue shelters for the government before the Commonwealth Games.

Delhi Cabinet on Wednesday accepted a report submitted by a committee headed by chief secretary Rakesh Mehta, which has streamlined DIMTS role and the variety of projects for which the company would provide consultation to the transport department.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Monkey scam brewing in Delhi: Maneka Gandhi

Over 1,000 monkeys may have died in Delhi's Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary after pending bills stopped their food supplies earlier this month, women and child development minister Maneka Gandhi said on Thursday, terming the procurement of fruits and vegetables a Rs 200 crore scam.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved