Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,28 Dec 2014

Delhi: School of Open Learning’s final-year results not yet out

Shaswati Das, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, August 29, 2013
First Published: 01:31 IST(29/8/2013) | Last Updated: 01:34 IST(29/8/2013)

Arjun Jain, a student of Delhi University’s School of Open Learning (SOL), may not be able to apply for admissions to any Master’s degree courses this year. The reason: the SOL is yet to declare the final-year examination results.

Advertisement

Arjun Jain is one of the about one lakh such students across the country who are waiting for SOL to declare the final-year examination results before they can apply for further studies.

The university has said the number of answer scripts was far too many and evaluating them in a short span of time was not possible.

“These students appeared for their exams along with the regular honours students in DU, but their evaluation takes place separately. There are at least 15-18 lakh answer scripts that need to be evaluated by DU teachers. It is not possible to bring out all the results in such a short span of time, otherwise we would be compromising on the quality of evaluation,” said a DU Examination Branch officer.

Students, however, have been left in the lurch.

While most of them have missed the deadline for submission of marks after having applied for Master’s degree courses, they feared that they would now have to drop an entire year.

“We have filed so many complaints with the (DU) examination branch. If they can’t cater to students from SOL, they should segregate the administration of the two. We will now have to wait for an entire year and then re-appear for MA entrances in 2014,” said Jain.

SOL officials also expressed helplessness.

While students approached them, they said DU would look into the matter.“We have been repeatedly requesting the university to provide some form of confidential result system for these students so that they do not end up dropping a year. However, we are still waiting for some action,” said an SOL official.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Delhi: Banned Uber seeks support through petition

Cab service provider Uber launched an online petition Friday, requesting people to support the return of its services that were banned in the Capital after a driver allegedly raped a 25-year-old executive in his cab earlier this month.

Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved