Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,02 Oct 2014

Delhi govt promises no power cuts during summer

IANS  New Delhi, May 12, 2013
First Published: 00:26 IST(12/5/2013) | Last Updated: 00:28 IST(12/5/2013)

Delhi government on Saturday said there would be no power cuts during the summers as the distribution companies (discoms) have acquired enough electricity to supply the city throughout the swelter season.


Advertisement

“Keeping in view last year’s summer peak load of about 5,600 MW (mega watt), the discoms have arranged for around 6,100 MW power to meet the power demand of Delhi during 2013,” a statement released by the government read.

“The electricity has been arranged from cheaper sources in the interests of the consumers,” it added.

The government further stated that the peak load of Delhi for the last few days had been hovering around 4,500 MW and hence, there was no shortage of power supply.

However, the statement added that due to the high temperatures during summers, conductors, wires, etc., are prone to failing. But the faults, it added, could be rectified in a few minutes.

“The discoms have been directed to ensure that such faults are monitored and uninterrupted power is supplied to the people,” said the statement.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

Racial hatred charges against Somnath Bharti dropped

The Delhi Police have dropped the charges of spreading racial hatred and enmity against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Somnath Bharti in the case of midnight raid at the homes of African residents of Khirkee Extension near Malviya Nagar.
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved