The city police and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) on Monday were asked by the Delhi High Court to complete the process of issuance of ‘non-traceable certificate’ and death certificate to the family of a Sarojini Nagar bomb blast victim in five days so that they could get compensation.
Justice Rajiv Shakdher gave the order after the SHO of Sarojini Nagar police station told the court that the matter had been referred to the Special Cell, set up earlier to look into the issue of blast victims.
“The Special Cell will issue the certificate in the victim's name as his family has claimed that he was in the market during the blast in 2005 and has been missing for the past seven years, which is equivalent to death,” said the SHO.
Accepting the SHO’s submission, the court asked the police to complete the process in two days and also asked the MCD to issue the death certificate in three days.
Meanwhile, seeking a compliance report from them, the court fixed the matter for December 20.