Advertisement

HindustanTimes Wed,22 Oct 2014

Guwahati molestation: 11 held, key accused still absconding

Agencies  New Delhi, July 17, 2012
First Published: 08:21 IST(17/7/2012) | Last Updated: 09:38 IST(17/7/2012)

Three more men have been arrested in connection to the Guwahati molestation case taking the total number people held so far to 11. However, the key accused in the case Amar Jyoti Kalita is still at large. According to media report, eleven persons have been arrested in the case so far.

Advertisement

About twenty people were accused to molesting a 20-year-old girl in Guwahati on July 9 based on a video of the molestation recorded by a television journalist. The teenager was assaulted when she came out of a bar in the heart of the city.

Kalita, who goes by the moniker of 'Bond' in his Facebook page, is the man in red T-shirt and cap who is seen among the mob of men molesting and assaulting the school girl in the YouTube video.

Meanwhile, Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi on Monday clarified that he had not set any deadline for arrest of all the accused in the Guwahati molestation case. Gogoi said he had not set the police 48-hour deadline to catch molestation accused though he wanted quick action against the culprits.

Gogoi admitted that there was scope for improvement in law and order situation in the state. He further said that anyone who breaks law and order whether he is a journalist or an officer, he would be brought to book.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi

2G: Court's no to Chandra's plea to go abroad, terms it casual

A special court has rejected a plea of Unitech Limited managing director Sanjay Chandra, facing trial in 2G spectrum allocation case, to go abroad saying it "smacks of casual attitude" as no proper documents support it.

Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved