It’s time to dust off your cape and put on your superhero costume. Following the launch of Samit Basu’s superhero thriller Turbulence, Hindustan Times and Hachette India give you an opportunity to put your superpowers to good use to win some supercool goodies. How? By correctly answering the following questions:
1) Who wrote On Heroes, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History?
2) Who along with Brian Eno wrote the 1977 song ‘Heroes’?
3) What was the name of the protagonist played by Jackie Shroff in the 1983 Subhash Ghai-film Hero?
4) Hero is the name of the horse of which fictional character?
5) In William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing, of the two pairs of lovers, one character is called Hero. What are the names of other three?
6) In the American television series Heroes, what supernatural power does the character of Angela Petrelli possess?
7) Who sung ‘Hero’, the soundtrack from the movie Spider-Man?
8) What is the real identity of caped superteen Captain Hero?
9) In geometry, who coined the Hero’s Formula that can calculate the area of a triangle from its side lengths?
10) Tie-breaker question: In not more than 20 words, tell us which supernatural power you would want to possess and why.
Now that’s not too tough, is it? So mail your responses with your complete name, postal address and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contest is open to Indian citizens only and ends on December 4. The names of seven ‘superhumans’ who answer all questions correctly will be announced in the December 11 edition of READ. The top two entries will win a gift hamper worth R5,000 each and the next five will get gift hampers worth R2,000 each, courtesy Hachette.