Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,21 Aug 2014

Seven injured in blaze from gas cylinder

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, February 14, 2013
First Published: 00:24 IST(14/2/2013) | Last Updated: 00:25 IST(14/2/2013)

Seven labourers were injured after a fire broke out in their rented accommodation due to leakage from a small cooking gas cylinder in west Delhi's Nangloi, on Tuesday night.

Advertisement

The incident took place around 10.45 pm and all the victims suffered burn injuries. They were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital from where they were referred to LNJP hospital in central Delhi.

The victims were identified as Hari Shankar, 21, Laxmi Shankar, 20, Shankar Kumar, 18, Manoj, 18, Sanoj, 19, Sarvesh, 30, and Hari, 21. They lived together in a rented room and worked as labourers. Their condition was reported to be stable.

A police officer said that the victims had returned after work and one of them went to prepare dinner. "As they tried to light the flame, the blaze engulfed the entire room due to leakage of gas. They suffered burn injuries and were rescued by their neighbours," said the officer.


Advertisement
more from New Delhi
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved