Advertisement

HindustanTimes Tue,29 Jul 2014

Siblings electrocuted in patel nagar guest house

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, November 17, 2012
First Published: 01:08 IST(17/11/2012) | Last Updated: 01:09 IST(17/11/2012)

Two siblings — a four-year-old girl and her 11-month-old sister — were electrocuted on Friday evening due to a short circuit in their house. The short circuit also triggered a fire.

Advertisement

The fire department said the incident took place around 7.30pm when the children were sleeping under a temporary shed erected on the roof of Lathania Guest House in West Patel Nagar.

Neha (4) and Akansha (11 months) were sleeping alone while their parents were working downstairs.

"The parents work at the guest house and left the children to sleep in the temporary room set up on the third floor. A short-circuit occurred and the children died on the spot after touching the wires accidentally," said a fire brigade
official.


Advertisement
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved