Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,20 Apr 2014

Subhash Tomar death: court clears 8 youth

Harish V Nair, Hindustan Times  New Delhi, May 09, 2013
First Published: 23:57 IST(9/5/2013) | Last Updated: 23:59 IST(9/5/2013)

The Delhi high court on Thursday cleared of murder charges eight youth who were being probed for causing the death of constable Subhash Tomar during the mass protests at India Gate against the December 16 gangrape last year.

Advertisement

The court cleared them of charges after the police said there was no evidence of the youth injuring Tomar and therefore section 302 (murder) IPC was being dropped in the FIR against them.

The court, however, allowed the police to proceed against the youth for rioting and destruction of public property and refused to quash the FIR against them.

“The police conceded there is no evidence of the youth inflicting injuries on Delhi Police Constable Tomar,” justice GP Mittal said.

Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved