In a major fire accident, three workers were choked to death, at a manufacturing unit in Tronica City Industrial area of Loni. An electric short-circuit could be the reason for the accident that occurred early Monday morning, the police official said. The fire happened at Delco Industries at Tronica City sector-2 of Loni. It took 3 hours for the fire-tenders to douse the fire.
“The unit manufactures hauz pipes and uses rubber as a manufacturing component. The workers could not get out of the store room and suffocated to death,” assistant superintendent of police (ASP) Amit Verma said.“We are investigating the reasons behind the fire and deaths. We will resort to severe action and registration of cases in case negligence is found out on part of the company officials,” Verma added.
The three workers were identified as Gurcharan Singh, Ramesh Kumar and Guddu Kumar, aged 35, 50 and 25 respectively. The bodies have been sent for post-mortem.