Advertisement

HindustanTimes Sun,21 Sep 2014

4,045 missing after Uttarakhand floods, says Bahuguna

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Dehradun, July 09, 2013
First Published: 01:21 IST(9/7/2013) | Last Updated: 01:23 IST(9/7/2013)

Following the rains and flashfloods last month, 4,045 people have gone missing from Uttarakhand, chief minister Vijay Bahuguna said on Monday.

Advertisement

“Out of those missing, 795 were from different areas of this state, while the rest were visitors,” Bahuguna told reporters.

Around a week back the chief minister had pegged the number of the missing persons at 3,068.

“By July 15, all those who have gone missing will be officially considered dead and their families will be provided monetary compensation as approved by the state government,” he added.

He also announced monetary compensation of Rs. 25,000 each for all those whose gharats (windmills) had been washed away in the calamity and the setting up of four units of the State Disaster Response Force.


Advertisement
more from Northern rain fury
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved