Advertisement

HindustanTimes Mon,22 Sep 2014

Uttarakahnd: filmmakers choose to stay away

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Dehradun, July 10, 2013
First Published: 00:28 IST(10/7/2013) | Last Updated: 00:32 IST(10/7/2013)

Till last month Uttarakhand was the ideal backdrop of Bollywood films, but now, filmmakers don’t want to shoot here.

Advertisement

According to Uttarakhand-based line producer Sanjeev Mehta, Karan Johar’s Dharma productions had scheduled a visit on July 15 to explore possibilities of shooting a big-budget film, but after the tragedy the trip was cancelled.

“Subhash Ghai and Ram Gopal Varma, too, were supposed to come later this year. But we don’t know if they will come because Gangotri is cut off and they were to shoot there. If shootings don’t happen, there will be huge losses,” said Mehta.

Another line producer, Pankaj Sharma, said even TV channels were staying away. “TV show CID’s cast and crew who were shooting in Joshimath and Hrishikesh left in the nick of time before the heavy rains started last month,”he said.


Advertisement
more from Northern rain fury
Advertisement
Most Popular
Advertisement
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved