Advertisement

HindustanTimes Mon,21 Apr 2014

Lizard in food: 40 kids hospitalised in Ranchi

IANS  Ranchi, July 04, 2013
First Published: 13:48 IST(4/7/2013) | Last Updated: 13:53 IST(4/7/2013)

At least 40 children were hospitalised after a lizard was cooked along with their breakfast at a school hostel in Ranchi on Thursday morning, police said.

Advertisement

 

The students of the Gurukul school were rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences for treatment, after they started vomiting and complained of stomach ache.

A lizard was later found in the plate of a student, a police officer said.

He added that 33 students were discharged after treatment. The condition of three of the remaining seven children admitted to the hospital is said to be serious.

Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved