Mom, sister die as quack uses wrong drug

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Araria
  • |
  • Updated: Feb 23, 2013 23:58 IST

A quack ended up killing his own mother and sister when he injected them the wrong drug in a Bihar village recently.

The incident took place in Sundari village of Araria district on Wednesday when Jamshed Rahman (30) injected his family members with a muscle relaxant instead of a hepatitis-B vaccine.

Rahman, who had been advised by a doctor at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (Patna) to get his family vaccinated, mistook Samvec, a muscle relaxant, for Shanvac – B vaccine.

Soon after they were injected, Rahman’s mother Sameeda Khatun, 48, and sister Rajjo Khatun, 14, complained of uneasiness and were rushed to  a primary health centre PHC, where the doctors declared them dead on arrival.

An FIR has been filed against Rahman who is absconding. “We are investigating if Rahman made a mistake or had some other motive,” the Araria SP said.

 

also read

Sonia Gandhi slams Modi govt on land bill, calls it 'anti-farmer'

blog comments powered by Disqus