Advertisement

HindustanTimes Thu,02 Oct 2014
No sacking of players or support staff: Kolkata Knight Riders
PTI
Mumbai, May 07, 2009
First Published: 20:47 IST(7/5/2009)
Last Updated: 20:50 IST(7/5/2009)

Intending to set at rest media speculation, the beleaguered Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) franchise outfit on Thursday said neither the playing squad nor its support staff will be sacked.

"Director Cricket Operations, John Buchanan continues to make all decisions in terms of cricket management and KKR does not intend changing squads or support staff," said the media statement from the Shah Rukh Khan-owned team that's all set to create a dubious record for the number of losses in the IPL.

KKR have won just one match out of the nine they have played so far and are hugging the bottom of the eight-team table with only three points to their credit.

The statement said the team's management, owners as well as the players still "remain resolute in their commitment to the Kolkata Knight Riders and are working hard as a team to overcome challenges they presently face".

KKR were looking forward to do better in the remainder of the tournament in South Africa, it said.

"We look forward to improved results in the tournament's remaining matches. The recent slump in form is temporary and is experienced by all professionals at times.

"The individuals involved are aware of this and are committed to persevering, because Kolkata Knight Riders is a great team and will continue to be that despite recent disappointing results," the statement added.


Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved