1. The Contest shall commence from July 26, 2011 and shall be open till September 20, 2011. HTML is conducting this Contest where the participants have to design a T-Shirt on ‘Delhi’.
2. The Contest is open to all Indian individuals residing in Delhi ,who are above 18 years of age. The Participants must submit a valid age, residential and nationality proof such as Passport, as and when required by HTML (in requisite formats).
3. Interested participant ("Participant") must not be an employee of HTML or other HT Group Companies, sponsors of the prizes, associated agencies and their immediate family members and relatives are not eligible to participate in this contest.
4. The participant needs to log on to www.facebook.com from their profile and access the Tshirt Design Contest application on the Delhi 100 page.
5. The participant can design their own graphics and upload or select from the icons available in the application.
6. There is no restriction on number of entries per person. There is no payment or purchase of any kind to enter the Contest, and there is no entry fee.
SHORT LISTING AND FINAL SELECTION:7. All entries would be judged by a combined decision of HTML nominated groups or individuals as solely decided by HTML at its discretion and public voting from time to time.
8. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prizes, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business or for any other reason whatsoever.
9. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
10. The best valid entry shall be determined by the judges based on the concept, visual value; imaginative merit; innovation and originality; entertainment value.
11. HTML will have the exclusive discretion in the process of selecting the Participant and its decision regarding the same shall be final. No dispute with regards to the same shall be entertained by HTML at any time whatsoever.
12. Once a design is selected, the winner has to make the design in a high res format, good enough to be printed on actual T-shirts. In case he/she is not able to do so, HTML reserves the right to cancel the winning entry. The icons from the application will be made available to the winner for the same. The winner also has to provide his/her digital signature to be printed on the T-shirt.
13. The 5 winning participants with the best tshirt design get a chance to their name on the Tshirts made by Hindustan Times with their designs.
14. HTML reserves its right in the process of selection of the Participant of the Contest and its decision regarding the same shall be final and binding. No dispute shall lie in any Court, Forum, Tribunal, Judicial or non judicial authority, guild, association etc. in relation to this Contest. Further no correspondence and/or any claims in this respect or in respect to the Contest and/or in any manner whatsoever shall be entertained by the Company. The Participant shall not be entitled to any damages, claims, recourses, injunctive reliefs etc under and in relation to the Contest.
15. By entering and submitting the T-shirt Design, the Participant warrants and represents that its entry conforms to all aspects of the conditions of entry and that all the entries/personal graphics used by the Participant is its own, new and original work and that the entry/ photograph, if used, has been shot with prior written consent of every person associated with the respective entry/ T-Shirt.
16. At the time of submitting entry or any time thereafter, the Participant warrants and represents that the entryT-Shirt does not contravene any contractual, legal or other obligation or is prohibited under any law for the time being in force or does not amount to breach of privacy under any law for the time being in force or does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party including, but not limited to, any rights associated with any music contained in the entry/T-Shirt and that the Participant has the relevant permission, where required, to use any third party intellectual property and images or likeness of any person involved in his/her T shirt ; and in producing his/her video the Participant have complied with all the relevant laws, rules and regulations as amended from time to time.
17. By entering and submitting the T-Shirt in the concerned Contest, the participant agrees to comprehensively indemnify HTML, its contest partners, contest administrator(s) or any of its respective parent Company, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or representatives, against each claim, action, proceeding, judgment, damage, loss, expense or liability incurred or suffered by, or brought, made or recovered against HTML, its promotion partners and the promotion administrator or their associated companies and/or against any breach of copyright, violation or breach of law, and / or any other intentional and / or unintentional damage that the entry or process of entry may cause to anyone concerned in connection with the Contest.
18. By participating in the Contest the Participant agrees to grant HTML and if so required by HTML at its sole discretion to its Contest partners, Contest administrator(s), a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, irrevocable license in perpetuity, to reproduce, print, adapt, modify, sell all or part of the entry/ design of the Participant in any form, format and media, and a non-exclusive right to sublicense the above rights.
19. The Participant also grants a comprehensive right to HTML to access, edit, re-use, store, reproduce and communicate the Participant’s entry/ design in any form, format and media for any purpose including but not limited to uploading it onto any of HTML and/ or its promotional partner’s websites through online, print, or wireless applications or through any other media, or form of product for the purpose of publicity, marketing, exhibiting, showcasing such entry/ design by HTML.
20. Once the participant has submitted their design with HTML, they waive off all right in the said design and also have no right whatsoever to use the design for any purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of HTML. General terms:
21. The Participant(s) should be above 18 years of age to qualify for the Contest.
22. The Participant(s) should not have criminal conviction. The Participant(s) represents that it is not under any arrangement or a contract that prevents it from participating in the
23. The Participant shall provide the proof of age (i.e. birth certificate/ school leaving certificate/ passport) to HTML as and when required by the Company. All the photocopies pertaining to the supporting documents are to be self-attested. HTML at any given point of time shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever in relation to the information provided by the Participant.
24. In the event the information provided by the Participant is found untrue, inaccurate or incomplete, HTML reserves its right to disqualify such a Participant immediately without any notice. HTML at any given point of time shall not be liable and/or responsible in any manner whatsoever in relation to the information, views, etc. pertaining to the Participant(s) or any other person who may have shown interest in the Participant(s).
25. HTML may at its sole discretion exclude a Participant from participation in the Contest which may include without limitation
(i) circumstances which, in the opinion of the Company, renders the Participant unfit to participate therein;
(ii) the Participant found to be in violation of the terms and conditions of the Contest and/ or its undertakings provided to the Company;
(iii) inability to submit documentation specified by HTML in a timely manner.
26. Participant(s) must enter the Contest on their own behalf and entry (ies) by proxy will not be accepted.
27. HTML reserves its right to cancel/ postpone/ stop/ terminate make amendments to the existing terms and conditions of the Contest contained herein without prior notice or withdraw the Contest without giving prior notice in connection thereto and in its sole discretion.
28. Non-conformance by any Contestant(s) of the terms and conditions of the Contest will disqualify them from participation, immediately.
29. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, FEVL reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. The Participant(s) agree that it shall make himself/herself available from time to time and co-operate with HTML and participate in any activity and/or campaign ("Promotional Activity") of any nature whatsoever, in connection with the Contest, without any consideration payable to it. Further, the Participant(s) shall at no point of time refuse or disagree to participate in any such Promotional Activity for any reason whatsoever. The Participant(s) agree that the ownership of the entry of any nature with regard to the Participant(s) shall vest with the Company, including but not limited to all intellectual property rights and any other rights for worldwide and in perpetuity.
31. The Participant(s) shall not be entitled for any prize or cash for the opportunity of participation. If the Participant refuses to accept the opportunity, HTML will be released from all obligations towards the Participant(s) in connection to the same. Further, after forfeiting the opportunity, Company at its sole discretion shall be entitled to randomly select and declare another Participant, as it deems fit, and give the opportunity to such Participant.
32. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash or kind. If a prize, or element of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, HTML reserves the sole right to substitute another prize at its sole discretion.
33. HTML accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning the prizes. All incidental taxes, duties, charges, levies etc. in relation to the Contest shall be to the sole account of the Participant. The Participant is responsible for its insurance and any other expenses, fees and costs connected with the Grand Prize that are not included in the prize description. Before the prize is handed over to the winning Participant, it shall be liable to sign an eligibility and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law), and other agreements as may be required by HTML ("Releases").
34. Further any claims arising out or in relation to the prizes shall be solely between the winner and Manufacturer and HTML shall not be responsible for the same.
35. These Releases shall state that once the prize has been awarded to the winning Participant, the Participant shall agree that HTML and its Contest partners and Contest administrator will not be responsible, to the extent permitted by law, and that the Participant shall consent and permit HTML the use of personally identifying information, including but not limited to its name, city, state, photo, image or likeness for promotional, advertising and publicity purposes without any additional payment made to him. If the Participant fails to duly execute and return the Releases, the Participant shall stand disqualified and the alternative winning Participant may be selected by HTML at its sole discretion.
36. By participating in the Contest, it shall be deemed to be construed that the Participant has waived his/her right to dispute in relation to the opportunity of participation so offered to the Participant. All the decisions made by HTML shall be final and binding upon the Participant.
37. By participating in the Contest, it shall be construed that the Participant(s) has agreed to hold harmless the Company, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/death/mental trauma/damage/harm/loss suffered by the Participant(s) or any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, computer equipment, software or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Participant’s or any other person's computer(s) related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Contest, in any manner whatsoever, in connection with the Contest and that the Participant(s) has waived all his/her rights to file in person or through any family member or third party any applications, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum in India against HTML to claim any damages or reliefs or otherwise.
38. HTML is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the information provided herein or on the website or anywhere else. All information provided for the Contest is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind.
39. HTML hereby does not make any representations and disclaim all express, implied, and statutory warranties of any kind to the Participant and/or any third party including, without limitation, warranties as to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose.
40. The Participant agrees that if due to any reason, whatsoever, beyond the control of the Company, the Participant is not able to avail the opportunity of participation, HTML cannot be held responsible for the same.
41. All Participant(s) shall do any and all acts and execute any and all documents in such manner and at such location as may be required by HTML at its sole discretion to protect, perfect or enforce any of the rights granted or confirmed to HTML herein.
42. The Participant(s) agrees that it had all possible means to seek clarifications from HTML with regard to the Contest, recordings, and/or the terms and conditions as contained herein. The participation of the Participant(s) in the Contest shall mean that the Participant(s) has read, understood, accepted and agrees to abide with all the terms and conditions including the general rules of the Contest.
43. The terms and conditions of this Contest supersedes all previous terms and conditions in this regard and shall govern all the past, present and future entry uploaded by the Participants.
44. All the Participant(s) shall comply with the laws of India.
45. The terms and conditions of the Contest shall be construed in accordance with the laws of India.