Advertisement

HindustanTimes Tue,22 Jul 2014

Cockroach feast leads to death
PTI
Washington, October 10, 2012
First Published: 00:23 IST(10/10/2012)
Last Updated: 00:25 IST(10/10/2012)

A 32-year-old man who had won a cockroach-eating competition in Florida died shortly after swallowing dozens of the live roaches and worms.

Edward Archbold was among 30 contestants participating in Friday night's "Midnight Madness" event at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach, authorities said.

Soon after the contest, Archbold fell ill and began to vomit. His friend called for medical help and even Archbold himself dialled 911.

Archbold, eventually fell to the ground outside the store, the sheriff's office said.

He was taken to the North Broward Medical Center, where doctors pronounced him dead.

Ben Siegel, the owner of the store said that he was "the life of the party". "He really made our night more fun," Siegel added.


Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved