Kaizad Gustad in police custody till June 17

  • Indo-Asian News Service, PTI, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Jun 15, 2004 20:37 IST

A court on Tuesday extended the police custody of film director Kaizad Gustad, who was arrested after his assistant director Nadia Khan was killed in a train accident, till June 17.

Gustad is facing charges of falsifying evidence after 27-year-old Nadia Khan was run over by a train on May 27 at Mahalaxmi railway station during the shooting of the movie Mumbai Central.

Police said Gustad tried to falsify evidence by reporting to the hospital where Pakistan-born Khan was taken, that she had been injured in a road accident.

The court extended the remand of line producer Ashish Udesh also till June 17.

The remand of another crewmember, Hardley D'Mello, had already been extended till June 17.

Turning down the bail application, Magistrate PT Rahule observed, "The investigating agencies have not completed their investigations. Since more time was requested the bail application was not granted."

The railway police have claimed that Gustad's unit had "already begun shooting" when Khan was hit by the train.

Police sources said seven members of Kaizad's unit confirmed that Khan had died in a railway accident.

They have also recorded statements of three eyewitnesses who have said that shooting had already begun when the accident took place.

"The film's negative will help us confirm whether the shooting was on or not," said a police officer.

 

also read

Iraq refuse to wear black armbands in bronze medal match

blog comments powered by Disqus