A sanitary shop was gutted in the town on Sunday, leading to a loss of almost Rs. 25 lakh to its owner. The owner of an adjoining showroom of Provogue also suffered minor losses due to flames.
Munish Kumar, the owner of the sanitaryware shop, claimed that he noticed nothing unusual
when he shut shop on Saturday night. However, when he arrived at the shop in the morning, he saw smoke emanating from inside.
Kumar said that even as he called up fire brigade, fire soon engulfed the showroom. He claimed that almost everything stored in the shop was gutted.
Firefighters later doused the flames after nearly an hour.