Advertisement

HindustanTimes Mon,14 Jul 2014

Minor dies, four ill after consuming 'expired' snacks

HT Correspondent  Srinagar, December 13, 2012
First Published: 18:39 IST(13/12/2012) | Last Updated: 19:31 IST(13/12/2012)

A five-year-old girl died, while four other family members took ill, after allegedly consuming expired snacks in south Kashmir's Kulgam area.

Advertisement

According to south Kashmir police, during the intervening night of December 11-12, the family members of Gulzar Ahmad Check, son of Abdul Rehman, a resident of Manzgam, and his wife Mehbooba (35), his son Suhail Raja (10), his nephew Shahzaib and niece Abiroo (5) consumed expired snacks that caused food poisoning.

"They were taken to local hospital for treatment, where from three children were referred to Children Hospital, Srinagar, for further treatment," said the police.

However, Abiroo, daughter of Nisar Ahmad, died on the way to hospital.

The Kulgam police have initiated inquest proceedings under section 174 CrPC in this regard.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of www.hindustantimes.com
blog comments powered by Disqus

Advertisement
more from Chandigarh

HP ranks third in rate of accidental deaths per thousand registered vehicles

The rate of accidental deaths per thousand registered vehicles has made Himachal Pradesh the third highest accident hotspot in the country as per the recently released report on accidental deaths by National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB).
Advertisement

 
Advertisement
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved