HindustanTimes Wed,01 Oct 2014

Man charred to death

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times  Hoshiarpur, September 16, 2013
First Published: 16:32 IST(16/9/2013) | Last Updated: 16:58 IST(16/9/2013)

A 60-year-old man was burnt alive as a diesel operated spray pump caught fire in Nainowal Dhugge village on Sunday night.


The deceased has been identified as Harbhajan Singh of Chakkowal Shiekhan village. He worked as caretaker in the fields of one Vijay Kaushal in nearby Chakkowal Shiekhan village.

As per information, when Kaushal went to his farm on Monday morning, he noticed smoke and burning smell emitting from the room which was locked from inside. With the help of villagers and Bulhowal police, he broke the room and found Harbhajan dead.

The spray pump, electric wiring and other belongings in the room had been charred. Since there was no electricity in the area due to thunder storm, it led police to believe that the fire had been caused either by a candle or a 'biri'. The body was handed over to the kin after the post mortem.

comment Note: By posting your comments here you agree to the terms and conditions of
blog comments powered by Disqus

more from Jalandhar

Family of rescued minor boy claims he is only 12

The family of the minor boy, who was rescued from the house of retried senior superintendent of police (SSP) on September 9,has come out with a school certificate of the boy showing his age as November 13, 2002.

Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved