Concerned over touts attempting to lure candidates into a fake recruitment net, army officials have appealed to the aspirants to stay from such offers.
The announcement has been made as a precautionary measure, said deputy director general of recruitment (Punjab and Jammu & Kashmir)
colonel Atul Bisht on Saturday.Previous recruitment rallies across the state had witnessed several cases of touts duping aspirants. Recruitment in Sangrur Barnala, Patiala, Mansa, and Fatehgarh Sahib districts entered into fifth day on Saturday
Col Bisht added: "Intelligence personnel from the army and the local police have been deployed outside recruitment centres to check activities of people who lure aspirants by making false claims about their selection."
He added "The candidates who have cleared physical tests have already been instructed to inform us immediately, if anyone has approached them demanding money. We have a very open system of recruitment, with merit as the only criterion."
Earlier this year, the police had nabbed four touts, allegedly demanding money for recruitment.
On the response to the rally, he said that around 19,000 candidates had registered for the drive and 17,832 had successfully cleared the screening and the physical abilities test.
"We are happy at the enthusiastic response. The state's parents have shown that they are ready to send their wards to serve the nation."