A major fire broke out at Natraj hosiery factory in Daresi on Monday.
It took over two hours and three fire tenders to douse the flames. The reason behind the fire has not been ascertained yet. However, firefighters suspect that the fire broke out due to a short circuit in power
According to the factory owner, material worth more than Rs. 10 lakh was gutted in the fire.
Fire officer KL Kakkar said they were informed about a fire in Daresi around noon, following which three fire tenders, along with firefighters, rushed to the spot.
The fire broke out on the first floor of the building and engulfed the others floors within a few minutes.
As the factory was being used as a store, no worker was present inside the building.
Kakkar said due to narrow streets in the area, the fire brigade faced some problem to reach the spot.