After the blasts on Thursday night raised concerns over the second Test in Hyderabad, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and Cricket Australia (CA) said the match was not in doubt at this stage.
BCCI vice-president, Rajiv Shukla, said security measures would be
reviewed and government officials had been approached regarding the issue.
"I spoke to the union home secretary, who was in Hyderabad, and had a discussion with the chief minister and officials of the state government. He told me adequate security will be provided to the players as well as the spectators. So, the Test match should not be shifted out of Hyderabad," said Shukla.
The developments have also been conveyed to BCCI chief, N Srinivasan, who in turn will talk to the chairman of Cricket Australia.
"I have conveyed this to the BCCI president, who is going to speak to the chairman of Cricket Australia and convey that when the government is giving a guarantee of security, the venue should not be changed," said Shukla.
Cricket Australia's chief executive, James Sutherland, supported the BCCI's stance. "We will make assessments in time but at this stage there is no reason to doubt that what we have planned in Hyderabad will go ahead," he said during the opening day of the first Test.
"We work closely with relevant authorities and take advice from them. I think it's premature to be making assessments on that (whether Hyderabad can host the match) but from where I sit right now, my expectation would be that everything will go ahead in Hyderabad as planned," he said.
Sutherland said he was satisfied with the arrangements in place and measures would be carried out as planned. "(I am) very comfortable (with security arrangements). From our reports after talking to our security guys, everything has gone absolutely to plan. We do our pre-tour visits and liaise with the relevant authorities. Everything has been mapped carefully and is going according to plan," he said.