I am only one but I am one
I cannot do everything but I can do something
What I can do, I ought to do
And what I ought to do by the grace of God
I shall do.
Influenced by this belief often quoted by our principal, Mrs. Samra, I believe school is grooming us in different ways to give back to society.
Education at Apeejay school is-
Learning to know
Learning to do
Learning to be
Learning to live together
Hence knowledge is closely woven with ethics, moulding character and developing skills that help us for responsive roles.
We are offered a plethora of experiences as a part of our integral school curriculum and active student participation in various community projects ensures that we discover our own-selves besides reaching out to others.
A secure environment in school and close bonding with our teachers motivates us to create positive and selfless relationships with others.
Also, as members of Interact Club, we uphold the motto "Service before self" by undertaking numerous community project like -
1. Conservation of resources - Tree Plantations Drive, Walk for Water etc. were organised. Students distributed pamphlets and implemented various conservation measures themselves.
2. Health for all- Blood donation camps are regularly organised with active student involvement.
3. Traffic management and road safety - Students presented their Project Report to the Commissioner of Police then.
4. 'Adopting' the elderly and differently challanged - Students regularly visit old age homes, Cheshire Home (Home to differently challenged), the National Association For Blind etc. that sensitizes them to others' needs.
5. Organising value based assemblies that groom us to be intellectually stimulated, morally upright and spiritually inclined for it is only when we are empowered, can we contribute towards creating a better world.