The film, which opened on Thursday, has run to packed houses, the paper said. Company’s director Datuk R. Ramalingam said they would refund those who purchased tickets through advance bookings, or allow them to use it for other films.
The Censorship Board had already approved the film. The release of the movie, which focuses on international terrorism, has also been delayed in Tamil Nadu following complaints from Muslims, the paper added. Penang Muslim League president Datuk Najmudeen Kadeer had urged the National Film Development Corporation (Finas) to review the film as it showed Islam in a negative light, the paper further reported. P. Sinayah, who watched the movie on Thursday, said it was a fictional work, adding people should be given the opportunity to watch it and make up their own minds.
Those who tried to buy tickets were disappointed with the ministry’s decision to withdraw the movie. Another fan A. Chandran claimed there has been so much publicity about the movie and he really wanted to see it, added he hopes that the Government will reconsider.” In a statement issued in Chennai, Kamal Hassan said he would take legal action after the film was banned in Tamil Nadu.