iconimg Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Press Trust Of India
Washington, February 09, 2013
The US has said it continues to seek information on LeT founder and 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed that can convict him in the court of law.

However, it refused to comment on the detailed interview given by the Mumbai attack mastermind, arguing that it does not want to "dignify" someone on which the US has declared a reward of $10 million for information leading to his conviction.

"I'm not going to, you know, dignify the interview with a detailed response," state department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters on Friday.

Nuland said that Rewards for Justice Proposal that was put out against Saeed last year is not a bounty.

"What it's designed to do is to help obtain information leading to his arrest and conviction, so we're looking for people to come forward, whether they are in Pakistan or anywhere else, with information that can stand up in court, can withstand judicial scrutiny in US or a foreign court and help create the conviction, so that's what this is about," the spokesperson said in response to a question.