Police said that both had gone to their neighbour Ramesh's house to watch television. Dharam Raj was making tea when the stove burst around 1.30am, causing serious injuries to both. Hearing their screams, neighbours rushed to the spot and took them to Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32.
They were referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), where they were stated to be "serious".
Police have ruled out foul play and termed the incident an accident. Police said that the victims in their statement too maintained that it was an accident.