The village sarpanch Jagpal Singh also demanded compensation for the farmer.
Grewal told the mediapersons that he had served fodder to 10 buffalos. Later, he noticed that some of them started getting restless; he immediately informed the nearby veterinary hospital.
A team of doctors reached the dairy farm and succeeded in saving five buffaloes. It is suspected that the buffaloes died after consuming poisonous fodder. Samples of the viscera of the buffalos would be sent to a Jalandhar-based laboratory.