The discharge summary stated that the youth suffered a cardiac arrest after he was administered anaesthesia after being wheeled in for the surgery.
The youth was then referred to another private hospital where he was shifted the same night. According to the hospital authorities, Abhishek was already in a state of coma when he was brought there. He was declared dead last night.
Hospital sources said the death summary stated the cause of death to be "anaesthesia overdose".
Meanwhile, on the basis of a complaint filed by the parents of the deceased youth, a case of death due to negligence has been registered against the visiting doctor who administered anaesthesia to him at Basaveshwarnagar hospital.