The godown was locked from the outside even as the workers slept after doing the night shift.
The fire was first noticed at 05:30 hrs and it engulfed the entire godown measuring 75 feet by 60 feet.
'We employed 11 fire fighters and the fire has now been put out.
'Five persons were seen in lying down position, completely charred, while another body was found near the entrance which had a rolling shutter and was closed from the front,' he said.
He apparently tried to escape from the fire but found the only entrance locked, the officer said.
'According to initial information, seven workers worked throughout the night as the company had to send a large consignment of seats to Dubai today (Monday).
Hence, they slept in the early hours of Monday. One of them went out to bring tea and thereby his life was saved.
'Unfortunately he had to lock the rolling shutter before he went out as the godown was stocked fully,' the fire officer said.
He said there was no sign of the owner of SR Seating Systems Pvt Ltd which was involved in manufacturing seats and furniture for different purposes.