iconimg Sunday, August 30, 2015

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, April 10, 2013
A minor fire broke out in the conference room of Air Force Bal Bharati School located in south Delhi's Lodhi Colony on Tuesday morning. The fire, noticed around 8.50am, was put out instantly thanks to the quick thinking of the school staff.  Nobody was injured in the incident.

A senior fire department official said the installation of fire safety equipment in the school and regular fire safety drills by the staff averted a possible fire tragedy. He claimed the blaze had originated from a split AC installed in the conference room on the first floor of the school building.

"The blaze was put out almost immediately because of the quick thinking of the school staff and fire safety measures already put in place by the school management. No student or school staff suffered injury or illness during the incident," fire official said. The blaze, he added, was spotted by a staff who immediately raised an alarm.

"The fire might have been due to a short circuit in the air-conditioner, but no one was in the room at the time. It was controlled within minutes," confirmed Anand Swaroop, principal, Air Force Bal Bharati School.