iconimg Wednesday, September 02, 2015

HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, April 27, 2013
A 25-year-old Vasai resident died as his television set exploded leading to a fire at his 1-BHK residence at Kashimira in Thane district. According to the police, the television suddenly caught fire, which spread through Bunty Wagh’s third floor flat at Diamond Tower along the Mira-Bhayander road. 

“We were informed about the smoke coming from the flat by the residents. It may have been because of a technical problem in the television set,” said a police officer from the Kashimira police station.

The television has been found in a molten condition. Wagh lived in Vasai with his family and used to visit his Diamond tower residence once in a while.

Police investigations are on to examine the exact reason behind the fire and the death.