The maximum temperature at the Palam station was recorded as 46.1 degrees Celsius and the maximum at Safdarjung station was recorded at a sizzling 44.6 degrees Celsius.
This was five degrees above normal. The temperature at Safdarjung is taken as the mean temperature of the city.
“The heat wave conditions will continue for the coming few days and a further rise in temperature is also expected,” said a met official.
Sunday was not just hot, it was also humid with the humidity oscillating between 68% and 19%.
Tips to deal with heat:* Drink plenty of water. Keep yourself hydrated with juices, energy drinks and ORS.
* Avoid high-calorie food as they raise your body's metabolism and temperature.
* Avoid alcoholic, carbonated and caffeinated beverages as these can dehydrate you.
* Eat lots of salads and fruits.
* Don't forget your hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrellas when you out
* Keep in mind to wear light clothing and colours
(With agency inputs)